Our Resmile Recycling Program
Our circular recycling initiative for your old toothbrushes, empty toothpastes and used floss
Why Do We Recycle ?
In Australia, over 30 million toothbrushes are thrown away each year. Most can’t be curbside recycled and end up in landfill, where they take 500 years to biodegrade.
That is why we’ve created our Re:smile program, to fight the war against dental waste.
How Does It Work ?
We have created a Dsmile Re:smile pouch. Use it for storing and returning your used Dsmile products for recycling at participating dental clinics.
Our circular recycling program works in 4 simple steps:
- 1- Return = Pop your old toothbrushes, empty toothpastes and used floss into your Re:smile pouch
- 2- Drop = Deposit your products in a Re:smile bin at your nearest partner clinic
- 3 - Collect = Dsmile will organise pick-up for processing
- 4 - Reuse = The plastics and glass are separated, cleaned and reused to make new products.
No. However our Re:smile bins only accept dry products, so don’t bring toothpaste tubes which still have a lot of product in them.
Yes! Your used product does not need to be in perfect condition to be recycled.We even accept toothpaste tubes that are entirely cut open.
Any brand of toothbrush and toothpaste tube will be accepted. For a detailed list of Dsmile products, see below.
The program does not accept;
- Packaging that still contains lots of product
- Used floss
- Dsmile outer cartons
|Dsmile Item||Recycle in clinic?|
|Mouthwash concentrate bottle and Pipette|
|Mouthwash Bottle and Cap|